Thursday, December 29, 2016

Take the view that nothing is wrong with you; you are ok

Tami Simon: 'How does somebody interrupt that tendency (to blame others and oneself for failures) on the spot so that they can go back and see what's underneath?'

Pena Chodron: '...underneath the whole thing always, whether we're blaming others or blaming ourselves, is this dreadful feeling of, "I am not okay." No words get anywhere close to how bad that actually feels... And when I get into that feeling, I have noticed that it isn't kind of like this feeling of terrible dread that something awful is about to happen...But I think view is very important. And by view I mean one's attitude. You have to take the view that there is nothing wrong with you; you are (fundamentally) okay; you can allow this feeling to be there;..."

- from fail fail again fail better by Pema Chodron 

No comments: